1. The official ball of the 2014 World Cup made by Adidas is called Brazuca.
2. Down syndrome is named after the English doctor, John Langdon Down, who was the first to categorize the common features of people with the condition.
3. The word malaria comes from the words mal and aria, which means bad air. This derives from the old days when it was thought that all diseases are caused by bad, or dirty air.
4. Choco chip cookies were made by accident when the chocolate in the cookie did not melt properly.
5. At 188 decibels, the Blue whale is the loudest mammal of all with its deep sound traveling hundreds of miles across the deep oceans.
Need to send money to Philippines ???
Check out Remit2Home – Safe Money Transfers Worldwide. Pioneers in global money transfers, Remit2Home enables you to send money online to Philippines, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Kenya and Poland.