Bhapa Ilish (Steamed Hilsa)
• Hilsa (ilish) 1/2 kilogram
• Salt to taste
• Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
• Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
• Green chillies 2 – 3 in number
• Ginger 1 inch piece
• Mustard oil 3 tablespoons
• Sprinkle fish slices with salt and half teaspoon turmeric powder.
• Make a smooth paste of yellow mustard seeds, black mustard seeds, green chilies, ginger, salt & the remaining turmeric powder.
• Take a pan and place the fish in it and place the pan on the ring in the pressure cooker.
• Spread paste liberally on fish.
• Pour mustard oil on top.
• Place ring in the pressure cooker.
• Pour three cups of water into the cooker and place the pan with the fish on the ring.
• Cover with lid and steam the fish for eight to ten minutes.
• Serve hot.