1. Squirrels forget where they have hidden about 50% of the nuts.
2. Tree crickets are called the poor man’s thermometer because the temperature directly affects their rate of activity. Count the number of chirps a cricket makes in 15 seconds, then add 37. The sum will be very close to the outside temperature!
3. Monks in the 16th century recorded seeing a giant explosion on the side of the Moon. It most likely was a large meteor that slammed into the Moon and left a large crater. It was a good thing the Moon was between us and the meteor!
4. The hole in the center of the doughnut is credited to a young boy named Hanson Gregory, who in 1847, suggested to his mother that she put a hole in the middle of her “fried cakes” to ensure the cake was fully cooked in the middle.
5. The Inca measurement of time was based on how long it took to boil a potato.– Send money to Philippines via Remit2Home Online Money Transfers.