Hilsa Fish Korma Recipe
• 1 kg hilsa
• 2 big onions
• 1 big piece of ginger
• 4 green chilies
• 1/4 tsp of sugar
• 200 gms of sour curds
• 1 tsp of turmeric powder
• 100 gms of mustard seeds
• Add salt & chili powder to taste
• Cut the fish into thin slices.
• Grind onions, ginger, chilies, sugar & mustard seeds to a fine and smooth paste and mix into the curds along with the rest of the above ingredients.
• Set aside for 1 hour, and then heat 4 tsp of mustard on a flat girdle or tawa to smoke, reduce heat and place 2 curd covered slices of fish.
• Cover the slices with a lid and cook over a slow fire till they turn dry, then uncover & fry till brown and crisp.
• Serve piping hot decorated with sprigs of coriander leaves.