1. Some horticulturists suspect that the banana was the earth’s first fruit. Banana plants have been in cultivation since the time of recorded history. One of the first records of bananas dates back to Alexander the Great’s conquest of India.
2. In Ireland, children who celebrate their birthday are given ‘birthday bumps’ by holding them upside down and bumping them gently on the floor for every year of their life. An extra bump is added for good luck.
3. You have no sense of smell when you’re sleeping, and you can see your nose all the time but somehow your brain always ignores it!
4. Snails produce a colorless, sticky discharge that forms a protective carpet under them as they travel along. The discharge is so effective that they can crawl along the edge of a razor without cutting themselves.
5. How long do bills last? A US $1 bill or a $10 bill last for an average of eighteen months. Five dollar bills last around fifteen months, and twenties kick around for two years. The larger denomination bills can last up to eight years. Good thing that the average coin lasts for 25 years, since new pennies cost over 1.67 cents each to make.
– Send money to your loved ones in Philippines via Remit2Home Online Money Transfers