1. Dogs ears are very sensitive, full of sensory nerves that help to preserve hearing. Never blow into a dogs ear, even gently, it can hurt a dog. It’s not the actual act of wind, but the frequency at which you blow. It’s like running your fingers on a blackboard, amplified hundreds of times.
2. The building of the Panama Canal, which links the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, was one of the most difficult engineering projects ever. It is estimated that over 25,000 workers lost their lives during the long and dangerous project, with most dying from disease and landslides.
3. Bluetooth is named after King Harald Bluetooth of Denmark. The idea of this name was proposed by Jim Kardach who developed a system that would allow mobile phones to communicate with computers, mobiles, printers, etc. (at the time he was reading Frans Gunnar Bengtsson’s historical novel The Long Ships about Vikings and king Harald Bluetooth).
4. In the 1830’s ketchup was sold as medicine.
5. During the Roman Era some dreams were submitted to the Roman Senate for analysis and dream interpretation. They were thought to be messages from the GODS. Dream interpreters even accompanied military leaders into battles and campaigns!
– Send money to your loved ones in Philippines via Remit2Home Online Money Transfers